Custom Search

Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Fall TV Schedule: Wednesday


Judging from my inability to come up with a pop-culture referencing title, Wednesday may be the most boring day of the week. Although, Thursday is still in the running. I thought about making some questionable reference to "Hump Day," but I have far too much class for that. (You, in Illinois, stop snickering!) As for the schedule, it looks better than Tuesday, but not by much. The same rules still apply [East./Cent., (premiere date)]. Click on through to the other side!

Starting off Wednesday will be one of my most anticipated returns, Pushing Daisies (Oct. 1), at 8/7 on ABC. I've missed the pie maker, the pie-serving chanteuse, the surly detective, the one-eyed mermaid, the two-eyed mermaid, and the living-dead girl (and dog). Yes, it's just your typical collection of characters, but they somehow make it fresh and enjoyable. After that, there is an empty hour where nothing interests me. Then at 10/9, I have tentative plans to watch Dirty Sexy Money (Oct. 1) on ABC. I say "tentative" because I watched this show last year and I was just about ready to give it up when the writers' strike occurred. I'm going to give it another chance this season and see if they've managed to pep it up a bit. It wasn't bad, it just failed to hold my interest for an hour. There would be interesting parts and then parts to snooze through. I really hope they cut back heavily on Nick's wife, who manages to suck all of the energy out of every scene in which she appears. I'd like to see this show succeed because there is a lot of legitimate talent here (and because Peter Krause and Seth Gabel are nice to look at). If it doesn't do it for me, then there is always South Park (Oct. 8) on Comedy Central. Of course, I'll be watching it anyway at some point since Comedy Central is nice enough to rerun it frequently. As usual, other shows of the night can be found below.

Returning Network Shows:

Private Practice (Oct. 1) ABC 9/8
The New Adventures of Old Christine (Sept. 24) CBS 8/7
Criminal Minds (Sept. 24) CBS 9/8
CSI: NY (Sept. 24) CBS 10/9
Deal or No Deal (underway) NBC 9/8
Lipstick Jungle (Sept. 24) NBC 10/9
America's Next Top Model (underway) CW 8/7
Bones (underway) Fox 8/7
'Til Death (underway) Fox 9/8

New Network Shows:

Gary Unmarried (Sept. 24) CBS 8:30/7:30 - Divorced dad takes a swing at finding love while being a divorced dad.
Knight Rider (Sept. 24) NBC 8/7 - Retread Update of the 80's show.
Stylista (Oct. 22) CW 9/8 - A bunch of fame-hungry fools humiliate themselves to impress Elle editor who probably has no business judging anyone. [Can you tell that I am SO sick of this "reality" crap?]
Do Not Disturb (underway) Fox 9:30/8:30 - Follows the wacky antics at a Manhattan hotel.

Cable:

Sons of Anarchy (underway) FX 10/9 - Biker gang drama.
Chocolate News (Oct. 15) Comedy Central 10:30/9:30 - Sketch comedy.



1 comments:

Anonymous said...

yay! I can't wait for Pushing Daisies to come back either. Ned is so dreamy...