Custom Search

Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Luke and Noah: Does Anyone Care Anymore?

So, yeah, according to Monday's preview, Luke and Noah will be on As the World Turns today. Do I even have to mention that they are still celibate? For a while, I was dealing with the crappy way this show treats the characters and the fans by making fun of it. Now, it seems to have gotten too pathetic to even do that. Recently, there was a spoiler released saying that the couple would move to another stage in their relationship. Fans waited and nothing happened. Supposedly, the spoiler referred to Noah asking Luke on a date, as if they've never dated. To add insult to injury, the date ended up as a double date with Luke's granny, so, apparently, they can only go on chaperoned dates now. Yeah, that would be a new stage, although a very disturbing one.

The people behind this show are dishonest and obviously think very little of the fans. As much as I want to support Van Hansis and Jake Silbermann, who do a terrific job with what they're given in the roles, it's getting harder and harder to justify supporting anything about this show run by people with nothing but disdain for their audience. It's also getting harder to justify buying anything that Procter & Gamble makes, since they are the company behind the show. Personally, I'm planning to stop buying several Procter & Gamble products. I don't want these people to get my money or my viewership, which is why I'll only be watching on YouTube if I do continue to follow their story. If you care, there are clips after the click from the last episode with the couple and a preview for today. I honestly don't know how long I'll continue to cover them like this, as I just feel pretty disgusted with the whole thing right now.

Clips from August 20:





Preview for Tuesday:



1 comments:

Richard said...

Isn't it sad how they've slowly destroyed this story? This should have been an amazing summer. Instead, the thrill is gone--and it doesn't sound like the show is terribly concerned about bringing it back!

Argh.