Custom Search

Friday, August 22, 2008

The Cho Show Is Go

Margaret Cho's new show, The Cho Show, debuted on VH1 Thursday night. I've been a fan of Cho for years, so I had to check it out. It looks like I'll be adding another reality show to my viewing roster after declaring that Kathy Griffin's was the only one that I watched. Actually, Cho's show is very similar to Griffin's My Life on the D-List. She has an entourage consisting of her assistant and glam squad (responsible for hair, makeup, and wardrobe), as well as her parents. Like Griffin, Cho is something of an acquired taste with a large gay following, so it makes sense that there is a similar vibe. Is Cho's show as good as Griffin's? Based upon the first episode, I'd say no. Cho is working with the handicap of only having a half-hour show instead of Griffin's allotment of an hour, but, overall, The Cho Show comes off as D-List Lite. Given the fact that Griffin's show is over for the season, however, a show with a similar vibe is just what the doctor ordered, and there is always the chance that it will improve.

0 comments: