Custom Search

Thursday, September 18, 2008

Fall TV Schedule: Thursday


Yup, it's time to give Thursday a good going-over. This is the best-looking night on television (and I'm not talking about the programming), so I may not always be thinking coherently. To find out what I'm getting at (or would like to), click it. [As always, Eastern/Central time and (premiere date) are given.]

I should probably feel guilty for the way I feel about the programs on Thursday nights, but I figure that I should be allowed to be shallow for one night out of the week. For me, Thursday is all about the pretty. First up at 8/7 on the CW is Smallville (Sept. 18) starring Tom Welling, who is possibly the most beautiful man walking the Earth. As an added bonus, Justin Hartley (also very pretty) is supposed to be returning as a series regular in his role as Green Arrow. Now, this show has sagged somewhat in recent years, but I felt that it made something of a comeback last season. Hopefully, they can keep the momentum going. As much as I do enjoy the pretty, it's nice to enjoy the show for other qualities every now and then. After that, at 9/8 on the CW is Supernatural (Sept. 18) starring Jensen Ackles (pretty) and Jared Padalecki (more pretty). As much as I do enjoy the gorgeous boys, the show is actually worth watching for other reasons. The guys have excellent chemistry and, in an extreme rarity for a television show, it's actually managed to scare the hell out of me a time or two. If this type of show isn't your thing, however, there is always the scenery to enjoy. And if we're really lucky, the scenery will take off an article of clothing or two every now and then. Okay, NOW I feel guilty. By the way, if you didn't notice those premiere dates are TONIGHT! Anyway, the last hour of primetime is empty for me, which is good, because I can use it to pursue very serious issues as my penance for the previous few hours. Other Thursday shows are below.

Returning Network Shows:

Ugly Betty (Sept. 25) ABC 8/7
Grey's Anatomy (Sept. 25) ABC 9/8
Survivor: Gabon (Sept. 25) CBS 8/7
CSI (Oct. 9) CBS 9/8
My Name Is Earl (Sept. 25) NBC 8/7
The Office (Sept. 25) NBC 9/8
30 Rock (Oct. 30) NBC 9:30/8:30
ER (Sept. 25) NBC 10/9
Kitchen Nightmares (underway) Fox 9/8

New Network Shows:

Life on Mars (Oct. 9) ABC 10/9 - Modern cop finds himself in the 1970's.
Eleventh Hour (Oct. 9) CBS 10/9 - Biophysicist solves crimes like pretty much everyone else on TV.
Kath & Kim (Oct. 9) NBC 8:30/7:30 - A mother deals with her adult but immature daughter returning home.
Hole in the Wall (underway) Fox 8/7 - Game show where people fit through a hole in a wall. Seriously. [Hey, network guys, if you're THIS desperate for crappy show ideas, give me a ring. I'd be happy to give you crap in exchange for your money.]

Cable:

It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia (Sept. 18) FX 10/9
The Sarah Silverman Program (Oct. 16) Comedy Central 10:30/9:30

0 comments: