Custom Search

Sunday, September 14, 2008

Fall TV Schedule: Sunday Bloody Sunday

This week I'm going to be going over the Fall TV schedule day by day. Today, of course, is Sunday, so I'll be looking at what Sundays will have to offer. Mainly, I'll be telling you what shows I'm looking forward to watching with some information about the other shows, new and returning. All times will be listed as Eastern/Central with expected season premiere dates in parentheses. Click on through for the Sunday lowdown.

My viewing schedule won't change at all from the last few seasons on Sunday. At 8/7, I'll be watching The Simpsons (Sept. 28) on Fox. If I stick with last year's schedule, I'll probably be taking a shower during the next half hour, but, if I decide to stay in front of the TV, I'll be watching King of the Hill (Sept. 28) on Fox to burn time until Desperate Housewives (Sept. 28) comes on at 9/8 on ABC, where I'll stay to view my beloved Brothers and Sisters (Sept. 28) during the following hour. Desperate Housewives is taking a five-year leap forward this year, and I'm curious to see how that will be handled. Gale Harold, best known as Brian on Queer As Folk, and Lily Tomlin will be making appearances this season. I'm also looking forward to checking in on the Walker clan on Brothers and Sisters. Are Scotty and Kevin living in marital bliss? Who the hell is Ryan? And will I be able to stomach Justin and Rebecca, who used to think they were siblings, in a romantic relationship? We shall see. Other shows scheduled for the night are below.

Returning Network Shows:
Extreme Makeover: Home Edition (Sept. 28) ABC 8/7
The Amazing Race (Sept. 28) CBS 8/7
Cold Case (Sept. 28) CBS 9/8
The Unit (Sept. 28) CBS 10/9
Family Guy (Sept. 28) Fox 10/9 [I'll be watching on Adult Swim at some point.]
American Dad (Sept. 28) Fox 10:30/9:30 [Ditto.]
NBC will be showing Sunday Night Football all night. [Yawn.]

New Network Shows:

Valentine (Oct. 5) CW 8/7 - Greek gods come to L.A. and play matchmaker.
Easy Money (Oct. 5) CW 9/8 - Guy from wacky family works on discovering biological roots.

Cable:

Dexter (Sept. 28) Showtime 9/8
Californication (Sept. 28) Showtime 10/9
True Blood (underway) HBO 9/8 - Telepaths and vampires and synthetic blood, oh my!
Entourage (underway) HBO 10/9
Little Britain USA (Sept. 28) HBO 10:30/9:30

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

True Blood resembles Heroes at first glance (just rented the first episode from Blockbuster), though it still feels mostly original... for some reason this show makes me want to eat Cajun food and drink cheap beer