Custom Search

Sunday, September 16, 2007

Where to begin?

Why am I doing this? Well, I've recently decided that I would like to write, definitely as a hobby and possibly as a profession. The problem, however, is that I'm pretty rusty in that department. I used to write all kinds of thing when I was younger, but then "real life" came along as it does to all young idealists eventually, and it was pushed to the wayside. I have ideas popping around in my head, but actually putting them into words has been a bit tricky. I decided that I just need to write. It doesn't matter what it is or what it's about, I just need to write. That's where the blog comes in. It gives me an outlet to write about anything that I want to. Now, having said that, I hope anyone reading this (if, in fact, anyone does read this) doesn't think this is going to be all serious with intellectual discussion and poetry unveilings. It's not. While I hope that what I write about is done in a way that is somewhat intellectual, most of my posts won't be on intellectual topics. To put it simply: I'm a total pop-culture junkie. So I will be discussing music, television, movies, and even the coverage of such things. Oh, I'm not limiting myself to those topics, I'm just giving examples. I may write about politics now and then, but be forewarned, I can get pretty passionate (some would say livid) about such things, as well as general societal observations that I might make now and then. You might notice that there is no profile information either. I would like to reveal myself through the writing here, and, let's face it, a little mystery is a good thing anyway.

As for the name of the blog, well it was what is probably a poorly chosen play on words (see, like I said, I need to tune-up my writing). It isn't exactly untrue, however, in that I am definitely someone who would have to be classified as a disestablishmentarian. Don't know what that is? Look it up with this handy reference: http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/disestablishmentarian

With every post, I'm going to recommend a song to download. Of course, my taste in music isn't going to be everyone's cup of tea, but maybe someone will come along and find something here and there that he or she might like and decide to check it out. After all, trying to find decent music today is like looking for a needle in a haystack. Often I won't make any comment about the selection, I'll just have it listed at the end. I like all kinds of music, which is a big reason I can't really listen to radio anymore. Every station is so narrow in it's music selection. I need variety! That being said, I do gravitate a lot towards music that makes my booty shake. I'm not going to get into how you download, but legally might be preferable I think. Anyway, my first selection may be familiar because it's on the iPod commercial that's played every 5 minutes. After getting the section in the commercial stuck in my head, I had to find it. I did and now I listen to it repeatedly. It has sunk it's musical claws into my little brain and won't let go. Oh, and check out the video if you get a chance. Fun! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p8Z-DIAthbM

To anyone who was bored enough to read this, I'd like to say thank you. Or sorry. It's up to you which one I guess.

Recommended song download: 1234 - Feist

0 comments: